GO TO www.deranged-wow.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shan's Example Application

Go down

Shan's Example Application Empty Shan's Example Application

Post  Shan Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 am

1. What is your main character's in-game name?
Shan

2. Where in the world are you located?
Michigan, United States

3. What time zone are you located in?
EST, or GMT - 5

4. What is your age?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
5 and a half years

6. How long have you played on private servers?
5 years

7. What times can you be online? How many hour's on average do you play per day? (Be specific: Days/Times etc)
Monday-Thursday: About 5-6 hours
Friday-Sunday: About 4-6 hours

8. Have you ever been banned for any reason? If so, why? Give the name of the person who banned you.
Nope.

9. How much time each day do you spend on the forums and/or in-game?
About 5 hours, and more, if needed.

10. What is your Ventrilo Username?
Shan

11. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? If so, how long and what server?
ExileWoW: Owner (3 years)
InceptionWoW: Head Admin (2 years)
CellWoW: Head Game Master(3 months)

12. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a freak about World of Warcraft, I am very mature, and very responsible there is no such thing as a task I cannot complete and no situation I do not know the answer for.

13. Explain why you think you would be an excellent GM.
I have a perfect knowledge of the game, and I have a perfect knowledge of the responsibilities of Game Master's and they're duties to the players. Game Master's should always have a mind set that no matter what they need to make every single player happy, no matter what the cost. I'm a living, breathing, walking World of Warcraft strategy guide! Very Happy

14. What interests you most about the GM position?
Being there to help the player's, and to make the server more fun, and make it easy to understand for everyone. To be in a position of power that enables me to interact with the community in order to make it better for everyone.

15. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I could advertise, I can on pretty much every day, I am a miracle worker with In-Game Building.

16. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar. If this would be a problem for you, please explain why?
Not at all, I use flawless grammar, punctuation and spelling 99.9% of the time.

17. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Hire skilled and professional staff members, not ones that just want power.

18. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do ?
Help the players. There is nothing that can ever be more important than the satisfaction of the community.

19. If you were fired, what would your reaction be?
I would realize my mistake and build on the experience.

20. The following is a situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be?

"GM! This guy is speed hacking! Ban him plx!"
I would first start off by investigating this "hacker" and if the player truly was hacking than he would face the consequences. (based on the server rules.) If he wasn't hacking, I would issue the false reporter a warning.

21. The following is another situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be.

(You notice a fellow GM abusing their powers. What do you do?)
I would notify a higher ranking staff member immediately.

22. If you are accepted, what would be the very first thing you would do once set up with your powers?
I would start making contributions to the server, and answering as many tickets as I could.

23. You Know Anything About : Mysql Or Database / Heidisql Or Navicat Errors? , If Yess? What Kind Of Error ?
Yes I know MySQL, and Navicat is a program used to organize databases.

24. You Know Anything About Mangos / Trinity Commands? , Server Core : Mangos, So You Should Know, If Yess? Write Down 5 Examples.
I have a perfect knowledge of every GM command.

Here are some important ones:

.gm on
.ticket
.summon (or .namego) depending on the core
.appear (or .goname) depending on the core
.mod

More About Me:

I'm an 18 year man, who enjoys long walks on the beach, sorry I mean long sits in my gaming chair xD. I'm all about respect and if I am given respect than respect shall be given back. I believe that being a Game Master or an Admin is more than just about having power and telling people what to do, it is about you status in the community. It is how much people look up to you for help, and how much you look up to them for letting you do your job. I feel that the feeling between Game Master and the community is one of deep, honest and mutual respect for each other. I believe that everyone deserves respect and to not give someone respect is in-moral.
I have been playing WoW since it came out. I feel that no matter how long I play it can never be boring. No matter how many times Blizzard raises the level cap, (xD) that I will always continue to reach it. On the private server side of WoW, I have been playing since the first private server's came around. I did applied myself to learning how they worked, and then eventually I created my own. It was called Exile WoW and it was patch 2.3.1. I had over 500+ player's, and at least 20 staff members. I hand picked every staff member who had the utmost respect and maturity towards the game as well as my community. I feel as if every server should do the same for they're Game Masters, is to make sure that they are there for the players and not for themselves.
When it comes to my hobbies and interests I prefer playing World of Warcraft while listening to music. Generally, the only thing I like is Eminem. I don't really like rap I just the viewpoint that Eminem has on rap. My favorite song by Eminem is "No Love" but not Lil' Wayne's part because I do not really like Lil' Wayne. I work a lot, sometimes it's like 40+ hours a week, but I still leave a lot of time for WoW, as it helps me settle down. I am most of the always available, I have internet on my phone and am able to access forums via my phone during work most of the time.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application and if I missed anything feel free to post below, or send me a PM.

Regards,
Shan
Shan
Shan
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

https://deranged-wow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down