GO TO www.deranged-wow.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tlaloc's Application

2 posters

Go down

Tlaloc's Application Empty Tlaloc's Application

Post  Tláloc Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 am

1. What is your main character's in-game name?
It will be Tlaloc, but unfortunately atm your registration page is down.

2. Where in the world are you located?
U.S.A., Arizona.

3. What time zone are you located in?
GMT: -7 Mountain Standard Time.

4. What is your age?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
I have played Retail WoW for 4 and a half years up until the patch 4.0.3 .

6. How long have you played on Deranged-WoW?
Only just recently I discovered Deranged-WoW while searching for a server that didn't look like it was going to tank hard. So atm 24 hours ish.

7. What times can you be online? How many hour's on average do you play per day? (Be specific: Days/Times etc)
(GMT:-7 Time)
Mon-Thurs: 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
Fri: 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Sat-Sun: 12:00PM - 1:00AM

8. Have you ever been banned for any reason? If so, why? Give the name of the person who banned you.
Never.

9. How much time each day do you spend on the forums and/or in-game?
Well so far I have only gotten a glimpse of either, but I intend 12-15 hours a day on the forums (Iphone wins all day) and maybe 6-7 hours a day on weeks days, and weekends about 12-13 hours a day.

10. What is your Ventrilo Username?
Tlaloc, but unfortunately I can't afford a mic McDonalds doesn't pay for bills and Electronic Accessories :/ .

11. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? If so, how long and what server?
I have had a lot of experience in pretty much every position you can think of, Lets see... I have owned a couple of servers such as Fusion-WoW, Chaotic-WoW, and Fatal-Gaming. I have been a GM on big and small servers since TBC, including WoWGasm (Dont be like "NOW THATS A LIE!", I was a trial but due to my personal life I was unable to put in the time so I never made full GM.), I was also a GM on Epic WoW (Funserver), and Solitary WoW (Small server never made it big). I have been an Admin on a few servers as well as an Advertiser, Head GM etc.. But no reason to bore you with names and positions any further than I already have xD.

12. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Jake Wekell, I am 19 years old and live in Tempe, Arizona. I live with two roommates, have a pretty sweet life and enjoy every moment of it. I am a rambler, hehe, and I love McDonalds. I have a lot of patience and rarely ever get mad or confrontational. I love Video Games mainly Xbox games like CoD: Black ops, and other fps games. I love emulation and know a lot about it in general from everyones perspective. Well thats me I guess Very Happy .

13. Explain why you think you would be an excellent Deranged-WoW GM.
Why I would be an excellent Deranged-WoW GM :O - Well I have a couple of reasons.

• I am excellent with MaNGOS/ArcEmu/Trinity based commands.
  • I am a happy person and love to be friendly and positive towards others.
  • I have exceptional experience as a GM.
  • I love to help others and play WoW at the same time.
  • I have excellent spelling/grammar and English skills.
  • I can maintain a professional attitude as well as cut loose in appropriate situations.

14. What interests you most about the GM position?
Well of course to help people..... But you've heard that one before, I like it for the simple reason of the fact that I can look at WoW from a different perspective which I like. It also fascinates me how close you can get to people over a simple game as a team of WoW addicts who like to make the game in their vision.

15. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
Well I shant say I have contributed a lot only being here for such a small amount of time, but I can say that I can add a lot to Deranged-WoW. An addition that I can bring here is knowledge. I have been to a lot of servers and know a lot about them from the player, owner, and developers perspective and I will openly share my experience through suggestions, whether or not people think they are good is up to them and I will respect peoples decisions no matter what. I can also contribute as much as I can in the advertising section trying to get as many players here as I can. Finally I can contribute a lot to the forums with fun events and games to keep the community happy and healthy.

16. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar. If this would be a problem for you, please explain why?
This will not be a problem for me, I can type fast and correct at all times.

17. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
I would suggest you make sure you have more Indians than Chiefs if you know what I mean. Not that there are more chiefs just advice for later on...

18. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do ?
Be respective and calm to others opinions and criticisms. This alone in my opinion is one of the most important things, not only because it makes players like you, but it also gives a good impression of how things are being run internally which gives players a sense of assurance.

19. If you were fired, what would your reaction be?
I would not ninja away and hide, I would accept it and respectfully ask "Why?" if it were not obvious and most likely play the server if I had friends on it, if not I would quietly leave giving my good wishes and move on. I am not one to go out with a bang.

20. The following is a situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be?
"GM! This guy is speed hacking! Ban him plx!"
Well I would quickly as for the name and appear to the supposed hacker to see if I could catch him in the act, if so he would be immediately banned the length depends on your rules, then I would put him in a notepad list so I can instantly tell you if he is a repeat offender. If I could not catch him in the act then in my opinion without any proof at all other than 'someones word' I could do nothing I could flag him and keep an eye out but thats about it.

21. The following is another situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be.
(You notice a fellow GM abusing their powers. What do you do?)
Never confront the person openly or in public such as the forums. I would make absolutely sure I have solid proof of the abuse and then report it to a superior with my evidence and suspicion.

22. If you are accepted, what would be the very first thing you would do once set up with your powers?
The first thing I always do is make a couple of macros to help out later on such as .gm on/.gm chat on, and help messages to players like "Hello I am Game Master Tlaloc, how may I help you today?". Then I would wait until my duty as a GM would be needed.

23. You Know Anything About : Mysql Or Database / Heidisql Or Navicat Errors? , If Yess? What Kind Of Error ?
Well I have compiled set up and done a lot of things related to the database, I wouldn't know about specific errors to database tools but database errors themselves I am familiar with, I am pretty good in the database escpecially the Trinity Core 2 structure which is pretty much the same as MaNGOS. But I have made custom start zones and items added C++ scripts to the DBC and can do almost anything in the database that the database is capable of doing Very Happy.

24. You Know Anything About Mangos / Trinity Commands? , Server Core : Mangos, So You Should Know, If Yess? Write Down 5 Examples.
I know the Trinity/MaNGOS commands best and have the most experience in them.

1. In the newer revisions of trinity the commands .namego and .goname were changed to .appear and .summon truthfully I am not sure if they got changed for MaNGOS.
  2. The syntax for changing a GMs account level is: .account set gmlevel (1, 2, 3) (Realm number, or -1 for all realms)
  3. The syntax for locking a players character is: .freeze
  4. The proper way to spawn and delete and item goes as followed: .gob add (Object ID) .gob del (Object's spawn specific guid)
  5. The way to ban an ip address goes as followed: .ban ip (Ip address) (how long -anything is permanent ban) (reason for ban)
Tláloc
Tláloc
Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master

Back to top Go down

Tlaloc's Application Empty Re: Tlaloc's Application

Post  Shan Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 am

Accepted!

Beautiful application.

Last edited by Shan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shan
Shan
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

https://deranged-wow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tlaloc's Application Empty Thank you.

Post  Tláloc Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:52 am

Thank you so much! Very Happy, but forgot to put some contact info on there, here my MSN/Email is Tlaloc-_-@live.com
Tláloc
Tláloc
Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master

Back to top Go down

Tlaloc's Application Empty Re: Tlaloc's Application

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down