GO TO www.deranged-wow.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redx479 Application

3 posters

Go down

Redx479 Application Empty Redx479 Application

Post  redx479 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 am

1. What is your main character's in-game name?
The server is down so I can't make one at the moment. It will be a blood elf warlock named "Rawrlock" though like all my GM characters.

2. Where in the world are you located?
East Coast U.S.A.

3. What time zone are you located in?
Eastern Timezone, GMT-5

4. What is your age?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
Yes, about a year.

6. How long have you played on Deranged-WoW?
Not long at all. In fact this is my first day here. I was asked to try it out by Nitros I believe. Whoever is Simonfrisk on skype.

7. What times can you be online? How many hour's on average do you play per day? (Be specific: Days/Times etc)
I can be online between 3PM and 11 or so my time on weekdays and weekends essentially all day unless I have some plans for school or a trip.

8. Have you ever been banned for any reason? If so, why? Give the name of the person who banned you.
Never. I've been "fired" from WoWBeez, but it wasn't for anything like a banning spree. It was for "inactivity" which I believe is a lie. I wanted a corrupt GM fired but instead I was banned by his brother, who I did not know was an admin.

9. How much time each day do you spend on the forums and/or in-game?
Around 3 or 4 hours per day

10. What is your Ventrilo Username?
redx479

11. Have you had previous experience as a Game Master? If so, how long and what server?
Yes. I was a GM on WoWBeez Medium rates for 5 months and a GM on WoWBeez Thunderstorm for 4 months.

12. Tell us a little about yourself.
I love music, I love computers. I watch a ton of movies, old and new, good and bad. I am in a Ska Band, we just started so there aren't any youtube vids or anything.

13. Explain why you think you would be an excellent Deranged-WoW GM.
I'm fairly good at the commands, but more importantly I speak English fluently y hablo un poco espanol. puedo ayudar los jugadores hispanohablantes, si los tiene. (and I speak a little spanish. I can help the spanish players, if you have them.) I'm definitely a people person and I tend to stay very calm when talking to an angry person.

14. What interests you most about the GM position?
I'm excited to try out this server. I'd love to try to help it out. I see some potential for it to become pretty successful.

15. What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I can supply some GM helper addons that I used in Trinity server, I have ArcEmu ones too, I'm not sure if you all have them or if you have recent versions.

16. We require all GM's to act professional at all times, this includes proper spelling and grammar. If this would be a problem for you, please explain why?
Well, as you can tell, it definitely will not be a problem. Just read my application! Very Happy

17. If you were going to submit a suggestion for us, what would it be?
Well I'm curious to see your marketing ideas. I am willing to bet there are some rooms for improvement and I have some ideas. I was brought here by an advertisement via PM in the forums of another server. That won't work very often and honestly that's not a very reputable way to recruit. This specific instance was alright because he PM'd me, a player unfairly fired and unhappy with the administration.

18. What do you think is the most important thing a GM can do ?
Be kind! Nothing worse (as a player) than to be stuck dead somewhere and then on top of that have a rude GM not help you. It really ruins the experience of WoW for the players and will drive them away.

19. If you were fired, what would your reaction be?
Well I wouldn't be happy, but at least I could play as a normal player (with more time to do so) and I wouldn't have to watch my mouth as much! Honestly I'd probably just end up applying for FM.

20. The following is a situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be?

"GM! This guy is speed hacking! Ban him plx!"
I'd ask for a video (or Screenshots, by showing the realm time over multiple pictures it will show irregular movement over a short amount of time, but it has to be very evident) and then I'd review the video and if I was really unsure I'd ask an admin or higher ranking GM.

21. The following is another situation that may arise while on our staff. What would your reaction be.

(You notice a fellow GM abusing their powers. What do you do?)
First I'd confront them and see if maybe I could get them to stop on their own. If they didn't, I'd report them to an Administrator immediately with screenshots, videos and player eye-witnesses. As much evidence as possible.

22. If you are accepted, what would be the very first thing you would do once set up with your powers?
Read some tickets, get comfy in GM island, put on Pandora radio, that's about it. I'd probably introduce myself to some players, let them know I'm a new GM.

23. You Know Anything About : Mysql Or Database / Heidisql Or Navicat Errors? , If Yess? What Kind Of Error ?
I don't know enough about anything like that for it to matter.

24. You Know Anything About Mangos / Trinity Commands? , Server Core : Mangos, So You Should Know, If Yess? Write Down 5 Examples.

Mangos is what I know the least about. Trinity commands are my second most familiar commands. I'm most familiar with ArcEmu. I know that in all three that ".command" will show you your available commands, from there it's no problem, especially with one of my GM Helper Addons.

---
I hope you consider my application and if there's anything you want me to expand on or clarify please post it here or PM me, thanks!

Last edited by redx479 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "hours")

redx479
Asst. Administrator
Asst. Administrator

https://sites.google.com/site/simpleadsolutions/home

Back to top Go down

Redx479 Application Empty Re: Redx479 Application

Post  Azhiya Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 am

I've seen several sentence structure errors, and some of the questions you didn't answer properly.
You've only been playing retail for a year, which isn't all that swell.

9. How much time each day do you spend on the forums and/or in-game?
Around 3 or 4

3 or 4 what?

Otherwise I've seen no real problem that, with proper teaching, can't be fixed.

Azhiya
Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  redx479 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 am

Well I admit I should have put hours, but seriously it's not minutes and it's not days. You shouldn't be too picky or you'll never get anyone. Razz No need to tutor me, I completed AP English and I was born in the U.S., so English is the last thing I need help with, although thanks for the offer. I may forget a comma here or there, but you can understand me.

redx479
Asst. Administrator
Asst. Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Azhiya Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:05 am

Impeccable typing skills are important. It's what makes or breaks a server.

Azhiya
Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  redx479 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 am

Well assumption requires common sense, and common sense will help you out more then impeccable typing skills. You should have assumed I meant hours since the other units of time mentioned in the application were also hours. Not to mention days and minutes make absolutely no sense. Not that I wouldn't love to debate about such an interesting topic, but honestly I believe that we should both cease to post on this thread. You can throw in your rebuttal and then we can end this discussion. Smile

redx479
Asst. Administrator
Asst. Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shan Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 am

Do not get off-topic please...

Besides that it's a solid application...I just need a to think about it, our Staff spot's and getting thinner so it's time to get picky.
Shan
Shan
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

https://deranged-wow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shan Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 am

Accepted
Shan
Shan
Co-Owner